Thursday, September 3, 2009

Self-Portraits

I felt as though I could have written the latest artcle on I Heart Faces. My son's childhood has very few photos of me with him. It really makes me sad but there is nothing that can change the past. I swore I was not going to let that happen with my daughter. While I did really well when she was first born I pretty much forgot about getting in the picture with my kids. Part of that is my horrible sense of self. I'm overweight, there is no denying it when I see myself looking huge in a picture with my small children. However, they look at me every day so why do I care what a picture shows?

I am hoping to get in front of the camera more often this year. My kids and I are together every day and we have lots of fun, I want to remember these moments! Below are a few of my favorite mommy-and-me photos.
This is the only photo I have of my daughter and I on the day of her birth. How sad is that???
We have lots of pictures of her but only one of her and I.




This was just taken the beginning of August. You gotta love the extended-arm self-portrait!









Another arm-extended portrait when my daughter was only about 7-weeks-old.















About a week before my daughter was born I did a "photo shoot" with my son. I wanted a few shots of just the two of us before his sister joined our family.













No comments:

Post a Comment