Thursday, September 17, 2009

"Mom"arazzi

I have to admit that my love of photography must come from my dad. Had it been up to my mom, I don't think we'd have the amount of pictures from our childhood that we do. But my mom had three kids and a household to run. Not to mention the fact that I think you have to really love taking pictures in order for it to happen.


Anyway, my point to all of this is that my mom is going in for her second hip replacement this morning. I know that sounds like an "old" person's problem but my mom is only 55. She was diagnosed with leukemia at the ripe old age of 43. Medication taken after her lifesaving bone-marrow-transplant rendered her hip brittle. Thus the hip-replacement surgery. However, the doctor somehow misjudged the correct size and my mom has been going the last eight years with her one leg an inch shorter than the other. We are hoping this new surgery and new surgeon will fix that problem and allow her to walk normally. As many people know, cancer sucks. The repercussions of cancer can live with the patient long after they are "cured".


This is for my mom. I love her more than words can say.
P.S. You'll notice the flowers all around. My son decided to "set the stage" so to speak. How cool is he?!?!



No comments:

Post a Comment